Solve street art

Solve street art
Chicago, 2006

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Temptations - Hum Along And Dance




For a time the Temptations were an amazing funk band. This is a track that was cut on the album Psychedelic Shack. The record was cut so that "Hum Along and Dance" (this track) would flow right into "Take A Stroll Thru Your Mind" (next track I'll post) even though they were listed as separate tracks on the album. Could you imagine hearing this 12 min of madness back in 1970 when this first came out? The Jackson 5 covered this but don't hold a candle to the audio perfection in the Temptation's version. I specifically remember the first time I heard this album on vinyl, I simultaneously became a fan of a side of the Temptations I had never known. I was only familiar with their radio hits but hearing this album led me to their album Psychedelic Soul which definitely blew my mind. They were crazy funky psychedelic for a period of time (68-73) and their Psychedelic Soul album contains remastered and uncut jams (some over 12 min long) from only that era. Funk it's great stuff.

No comments: