Solve street art

Solve street art
Chicago, 2006

Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm Still Here Mix by Matt Cali



Dj Matt Cali and Russel Fong kick off 2011 with their new mixtape masterpiece "I'm Still Here". An unofficial soundtrack and ode to Oscar–nominated actor Casey Affleck's directorial debut starring Joaquin Phoenix.
Featuring music from artists such as Take, Glen Porter, Teebs, Tenshun, and more, "I'm Still Here" is a experimental electronic instrumental driven mix channeling the L.A. beat scene."I saw the film and was inspired by Joaquin's portrayal of a celebrity's psychological meltdown. At first, I was under the impression that his psychosis was real and felt like the music Russel had sent me could easily be the soundtrack to what was going on in Joaquin's mind," said Matt Cali, "immediately after watching the film I jumped on the turntables and in one session "I'm Still Here" the mixtape was done. It was only after completing the project did I even bother to check if the film was an actual documentary or an elaborate hoax....Lets just say I'm glad things happened in the order they did."

Kids take note, this is how you create a mix. You use creativity, multimedia and quality beats/tracks like this, leave Yung (insert name here) and Lil (insert name here) in your ipod. 


No comments: