Solve street art

Solve street art
Chicago, 2006

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kit Clayton - Material Problem


Kit Clayton is a cat based in San Francisco that has been around for a while doing a glitched out, sometimes funky, ambient sound. The first time I heard him was on the Clicks and Cuts Vol. 1 release back in 2000 I think it was. Anyone who digs this should definitely check out the Clicks and Cuts compilations, especially vol 1 and 2 (though I think volume 1 is well out of print and not released digitally so good luck). I think there are 5 volumes out by now. I was given a copy of volume 1 before I traveled around Europe and it was really life changing to listen to such glitchy, futuristic sounds on a train/bus/cliff/castle/cathedral/city in a foreign land at the turn of the century (ooh that sounded so dramatic and grandiose).

No comments: