Solve street art

Solve street art
Chicago, 2006

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

To Rococo Rot - Telema [1998]


I don't believe I have posted any of the Berlin trio To Rococo Rot yet. These guys have such a futuristic sound, especially when they first came out. No one would guess how old this is if they didn't know. As one youtuber puts it in the comments "It's quite amazing that this was done way back in 1998; the age doesn't show here at all, and this could easily had been done just yesterday rather than years ago." I lived with a guy that owned a record store back then and he was always bringing this futuristic sound home with him. When I would listen to it I could tell I was getting the jump on where electronic music was headed. While everyone else was on the rave/hip hop tip, groups like To Rococo Rot were doing some truly progressive things with sound. Groups/individuals that were doing this in the mid to late 90s don't get enough credit, mainly because they were laying down a type of sound that was so far ahead of its time.

PS I like how the cats appear unexpectedly in the middle of this video.

No comments: