Solve street art

Solve street art
Chicago, 2006

Monday, April 18, 2011

Nicolas Jaar - Mi Mujer


I know everyone has been on Nicolas Jaar's nuts lately so I hesitated posting this. A lot of people don't understand how this guy is getting so many props in the last year. I am not familiar with much of his music but from what I have listened to it seems his "unremarkableness" (new word i just coined) is actually what makes him so fresh. In an ADHD age where there are so many monster build ups, unnecessary crescendos and grinding, wobbling bass at every corner of new music, it is refreshing to hear some talented, relentless balance that does not stray from funky head nodding for over 6 minutes. It won't snap your neck or make you have a seizure but it will certainly make you want to groove as you lose yourself in the beat. Another favorite track of mine by him is a chill soul take called "What My Last Girl Put Me Through", dig it.

No comments: